Douglass PTO is a parent volunteer group whose primary goal is to support the well-rounded education of children in Douglass Elementary School. We accomplish this through successful fundraising and volunteer recruitment, enrichment programs, and community events.
News from Douglass
Click here to see volunteer opportunities at Douglass!
- Book Fair - The Douglass Elementary Scholastic Book Fair will be held in the library October 15-18. Shop now by clicking here!
- PTO Meeting - The next PTO meeting will be Wednesday, October 16, from 2:45 - 4:00 pm in the Mrs. Chiu's 4th grade classroom. Free child care is provided!
- Box Tops - It's time to send in your Box Tops for the fall collection! Physical Box Tops will be collected by classroom teachers starting Thurs, Oct 10th through Wed, Oct 16th.
- Paint Your Own Pottery Night - Friday, Oct. 25th, 6pm - 8pm at Douglass - Artisan You will provide a fun "Paint Your Own Pottery" night at Douglass. There will be a selection of mugs, plates, bowls and figures for sale. This is a parent/guardian-child event. Please bring your kiddo any time during the event time to paint some pottery and Artisan You will give a percentage of their sales back to our school. Light snacks will be provided by IMAG!NE snacks and the PTO. No need to sign up, just show up!
- Minted Fundraiser - Nov. 1-30: Minted Fundraiser, earning 15% of sales for Douglass (as well as a 15% discount for you). Purchase holiday cards & gift items through Minted.com and use code: FUNDRAISEDOUGLASS
- Kids Kreations - Orders due November 6th. Ordering information will come home in your child's Friday folder on October 25th.
- Evening PTO Meeting and Potluck, November 13 - Our November PTO meeting will be an evening meeting, beginning with a potluck dinner in the heart. The potluck will begin at 5:15, and the meeting will be from 6:00-7:15. Childcare will be provided.
- Parents' Night Out - Friday, Dec. 6th, 5:30pm - 8:30pm - Save the Date for a Parents Night Out. Drop off your kiddo(s) at Douglass for a fun evening of activities, while you shop, dine, or just enjoy some time alone! Official times and details to be announced at a later date.
- Colorado Gives Day - Tuesday, December 10th - If you plan to participate in this day of Colorado giving, please consider Douglass Elementary PTO-SIT Inc.
- Check out all the retailers that are helping Douglass! Free Money!
- Douglass Elementary has one major fundraising campaign each school year. Our “Dollar-A-Day” is our direct-give campaign. We ask that you consider giving $1 per contact day (a suggested giving amount of $172 per student).
100% of the funds raised will be used in the classrooms this school year.
These funds are used to pay for paraprofessional support, enhanced technologies, workbooks and other classroom support activities. Please consider participating in this year's fundraiser. Every donation, of any amount is always greatly appreciated. For More Information click HERE