Standardized Testing Concerns
Post date: Aug 16, 2015 10:22:15 PM
Your opinion matters!
Are you concerned about the increased hours of standardized testing this spring based on the new PARCC series of tests, in addition to the CMAS tests? The Douglass PTO is. We created a letter listing our concerns about the current testing levels and sent them to the contacts below.
Please read the attached letter below. If you agree with the letter, please consider forming a personal letter with similar points and send to our legislators listed below.
- Governor John Hickenlooper (website)
- Congressman Jared Polis (website)
- State Representative Dickey Hullinghorst firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Senator Rollie Heath email@example.com
- Superintendent Bruce Messinger firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laurie Albright, President of BVSD School Board. email@example.com
- Angelika Schroeder, Vice-Chair State Board of Education firstname.lastname@example.org (attn: Angelika Schroeder)
- State Senator, Owen Hill. Chair of Senate Education Committee email@example.com
- State Senator Tim Neville, State Senate Education Committee firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Representative John Buckner, Chair of House Education Committee email@example.com